What Personal Information About Customers Does Jewlr Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you provide in relation to your order or any service you request. We collect contact information so that we can contact you for your service and delivery of your purchased products to you. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our services.
- Information From Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources.
For What Purposes Does Jewlr Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve Jewlr offerings to our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of our products and services.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with Jewlr.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Jewlr products and services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, and Jewlr, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
What About Cookies?
Does Jewlr Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. Jewlr shares customers' information only as described below and with the subsidiaries that Jewlr controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Jewlr.com. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Jewlr and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Jewlr, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Transfers out of the European Economic Area. Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorised access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Jewlr may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your purchase history in the "My Account" section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our offerings and services.
- You can add or update certain information on our self service portal, on your account page or by contacting customer service. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you no longer want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, you can opt-out from any email you’ve received from us or you can contact customer service and request you be removed from that list.
- If you want to browse our websites anonymously, you may do so by disabling cookies on your browser.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service or email email@example.com.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of Jewlr , for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Jewlr or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You use Jewlr
You provide information to us when you:
- search for products or services;
- place an order on Jewlr;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device, or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in your account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us)
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- upload images, videos or other files;
- Participate in community features, provide and rate Customer Reviews;
- employ product status alerts, such as Order Notifications or Shipping Notifications.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; payment information; your location information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph; images and videos uploaded or emailed to us, information and documents regarding identity and standing; credit history information.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- login; e-mail address; password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details network details, including information about your internet service provider;
- Jewlr metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files (e.g., file name, dates, times and location of your images));
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Best Sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- search results and links
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Jewlr include:
- status of recent orders;
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, address, phone);
- Wish Lists and Cart information;
Interest Based Ads
Become a Jewlr VIP and
receive exclusive discounts
Let's keep in touch
We're Proud of Our Reviews
"I love all the choices and options to customize! It made the experience fun and nice..." - CJ
"My ring was just as beautiful as the woman I gave it to!" - Kristen T.
"Great choices at VERY affordable prices. Love it!!" - Kenny M.
"The experience was simple and went smoothly! What a great way to shop." - James F.